The Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) is considering hiring more women bus drivers to lessen road accidents particularly along EDSA and Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City. I don’t have personal experience with women drivers, but studies have shown that female drivers drive more safely than male drivers who tend to break more traffic rules than women. Another article stated that women are less likely to drive at night, less likely to be driving under the influence and don’t do other things that would lose their concentration to their driving. Does this also mean that women drivers are good in searching cheap car insurance quotes than their male counterpart? I hope the MMDA plan would materialize soon to lessen unnecessary loss of lives. Here’s to the women drivers!
Some people are born with green thumbs. My grandmother and my mother, for example, can grow plants easily. I can take care of plants like water them everyday, but raising them from seed, nah!
But if you love gardening and raising rare plants, this post is for you. You might be interested about the site I just stumbled today. The site is selling ginkgo tree. If you’re not familiar with ginkgo tree, it is a non-flowering tree and has no known close living relatives. Historically, Ginkgo tree was one of the first varieties of modern trees to ever exist. It is said to be as old as 270 million years.
Based on description provided on the site, its leaves become a vibrant yellow in the fall and can grow upwards of 100′ in height over a thousand year period. You might also be interested to know how resilient Ginkgos are. At least four Ginkgos survived the bomb explosion in Hiroshima, Japan, in 1945 at least one mile from the bombing site.
Aside from being the undisputed best shade trees of all time, Ginkgos is also famous as additive for some food supplements. If you’re interested you can visit the site to find out the areas where this tree is best to grow in and the list of prices and how to purchase them.
And…here we go!
1. Right now I need to sleep. I haven’t had a good night’s sleep in a couple of days now.
2. A hot creamy coffee is what’s in my glass.
3. A copy of this letter should reached its recipient.
4. A hot and steamy porridge is best with a spoon.
5. The best movie I’ve seen lately is Letters to Juliet.
6. Blogging is what I like; Earning is what I love.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I’m looking forward to sleep early, tomorrow my plans include waking up early and Sunday, I want to accomplish my plans for the weekend!