Sharing this Tips on Public Safety and Women’s Self Defense and Protection from the Philippine National Police
- Control the key to your residence.
- Refrain from giving your key to others.
- Immediately have the lock cylinder changed should you misplace or lose a key.
- Use strong door chains/bars on outdoor/gates.
- Lock windows and doors before your retire for the evening.
- Check visitors before opening the door thru a ‘peephole’ or the window.
- Turn on the lights if you leave your residence unoccupied at night.
- Light the paths leading to your house and garage.
- Let your trusted friend or neighbor check your residence while you are away.
- Post emergency telephone numbers in your home for easy contact in case of emergency.
- Use extreme caution if an unsolicited package is delivered to your residence.
- Report obviously unattended or suspected abandoned vehicles near your place to the police.
- Know your neighbors. Develop rapport with them and offer to keep an eye on each other’s homes.
- Install an alarm system to provide additional security to your home.
- Know your helpers. Check their background and records.
- Do not enter your residence if you sense that an intruder is inside.
- Do not open the door arbitrarily-check first who the person is.
- Do not open the door if you are suspicious of someone.
- Do not allow others to duplicate your keys without your permission.
- Do not leave a key under the mat, in the mail box or other obvious hiding places.
- Do not leave the house with all the lights switched off. At least one light should be left switched on for the house to be lighted when nighttime comes.
- Do not switch the inside light on when answering knocks on the front door after dark.
Other Home Safety Tips are the following:
- Secure your home. Always keep your doors and windows locked and evaluate the effectiveness of the locks. Never open your door to a stranger.
- Don’t let a stranger get inside your home to use the phone. Make the call for him.
- Never admit that you or a neighbor is home alone.
- Leave outside lights on at night and keep lights on in more than one room.
- If you receive an obscene phone call, hang up immediately. Don’t react.
- The area outside your main entrance should be lit properly so that there are no dark portions or shadows where a potential rapist can hide.
- Ensure that your main door has a peephole so that you know who you are opening your door to. If a stranger is at your door, inquire why he is there and open the door only if you are completely satisfied with his answer.
- Keep your curtains drawn as far as possible so that people cannot look into your home especially after nightfall.
- If you are expecting any deliveries or any utility service people, do not open the door to such people. If you must, ensure that the safety chain is hooked in place.
Source: People’s Tonight
There will come a time in your life when one of your loved ones will pass away. This is a sad fact of life that all people must endure at some point. When this time comes, you will obviously be mourning your loss. However, you must also make the necessary arrangements for what needs to be done with the body of your loved one. You will need to find a cremation service if he or she has asked to be cremated. How do you choose from all of the companies that are in this line of work? Here are some tips regarding where to go for cremation services.
1. Ask friends with relatives who have died
A great place to start your quest to find a place to have your loved one cremated is to ask people who have been in the same situation you are in now. Find out which company they used to have their loved one cremated. Why did they choose that particular company? How much did they charge? Did they have a biodegradable urn available for you to buy? Were they pleasant and respectful? Talk to as many people as you can and see if you get several recommendations for the same company. Go to http://directcremationservicesofvirginia.com/biodegradebleurns.aspx if you are in need of cremation services.
2. Find a company that has been around a long time
There is the chance that asking your friends will not give you any recommendations that you can work with. If this is the case, you need to start your own search. You should start by taking a look at all of the cremation companies that are in your community. How long have they been in business? If they have been around for several decades, that should tell you something about the quality of services that they provide. Businesses do not last long if they are not fair and reputable. Go to the websites of your local cremation services and learn more about them. The information they provide online may sway you one way or the other.
3. Will they post obituaries
There are now many cremation services that will post photos and the obituary of your loved one on their website. This is very helpful and allows people who live far away from you to find out about this person’s passing. However, not all cremation services will post obits on their site. Ask them to find out.
Are you always short of cash? Would you like to purchase mini humbucker but you do not have enough money for it? If you are having financial problems during the holiday season, why not try to do some do-it-yourself cards or DIY gift wrappers and sell them to neighbors, relatives and friends. DIY holiday cards are also very popular during the holiday season. People would always like to purchase something that is not too commonly seen in shopping malls so that the people they would be giving the gift to would realize their worth. You would only need a few items that will help unleash your creative side and in no time at all, you may have a legitimate business underway. 🙂
Image courtesy of AKARAKINGDOMS at FreeDigitalPhotos.net