Category Archives: government

Complete list of Regular Holidays and Special (non-working) Days in the Philippines for 2019

Malacañang on Thursday released the list of regular holidays and special (non-working) days for the year 2019.

The Palace said based on Proclamation No. 555, the following days are the regular holidays and special (non-working) days for 2019:


New Year’s Day – January 1 (Tuesday)
Araw ng Kagitingan – April 9 (Tuesday)
Maundy Thursday – April 18
Good Friday – April 19
Labor Day – May 1 (Wednesday)
Independence Day – June 12 (Wednesday)
National Heroes Day – August 26 (Last Monday of August)
Bonifacio Day – November 30 (Saturday)
Christmas Day – December 25 (Wednesday)
Rizal Day – December 30 (Monday)


Chinese New Year – February 5 (Tuesday)
EDSA People Power Revolution Anniversary – February 25 (Monday)
Black Saturday – April 20
Ninoy Aquino Day – August 21 (Wednesday)
All Saints Day – November 1 (Friday)
Feast of the Immaculate Conception – December 8 (Sunday)
Last Day of the Year – December 31 (Tuesday)

Additional special (non-working) days:

November 2 (All Souls Day, Saturday)
December 24 (Christmas Eve, Tuesday)

The Palace said the proclamations declaring national holidays for the observance of Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha shall be issued after the appropriate dates of the Islamic holidays have been determined.

Source: VOVph

How Many EIN Numbers Can One Person Have?  

EIN numbers are used by the IRS (Internal Revenue Services) to identify that your business is a legal and recognizable entity in the United States. Essentially, you are acquiring this number so that you will not use your social security number to do business. The EIN will provide the IRS the information needed and you can do business without risking your privacy.

What if you have multiple businesses? Does this mean you need multiple EIN numbers? Most likely, yes. It primarily depends on the legal, separate entities you have and if they are eligible businesses for obtaining an EIN number. Businesses that qualify to need an EIN contain the following:

  • You have employees
  • You operate your business as a partnership and/or corporation
  • You file excise, alcohol, tobacco, employment, or firearms tax returns
  • You withhold taxes on revenue, besides pay, paid to a foreign alien
  • You have a Keogh plan
  • You are involved with a trust, IRA, estate, non-profit, real estate mortgage investment conduit, farmers’ cooperative, and/or plan administrator program

If your business meets any of the following above, then you will need to apply for an EIN number for that business. If, for example, you have three separate businesses that meet the following, then you will need to obtain three EIN numbers. You can apply for an EIN through IRS-EIN-Tax-ID and enjoy the convenience of our website as the application is available 24 hours a day and it is a quick and easy to follow application. There are three simple steps to applying for an EIN. First, you will select the entity type. Then, you will fill in your information. Lastly, you will submit your information. With our fast and easy service, you will usually receive your EIN number within a day!