I got this from my other blog. I hope you will find this tips helpful for the typhoon season.
Tips to observe with (or without) an impending typhoon.
- Dispose your garbage properly so it won’t clog the drainage and become the source of infection.
- Make sure that power lines are stable or firmly connected; shut down the main power if necessary.
- Boil your drinking water for two minutes or more; save sterilized water.
- Store foods that are not easy to perish.
- Complete vaccination for children.
- Prepare a “first aid kit”, fire extinguisher, flashlight or candle, and battery-operated radio.
In the event of an evacuation:
- Listen only to reports and reminders coming from the proper authorities.
- Calmly follow all the reminders during evacuation.
- Be careful not to step on open manholes and street gutter.
- Avoid the path near or leading to the river.
- Using a rope, head to the part where the current is coming from. Never loose your grip on the rope.