If you are planning to go on vacation (when safety permits), you know that you cannot just pack up your bags and leave. You need to make sure that your home is safe and secure. You also need to pay your credit card bill as well as your other bills. You do not want to go home and find that your electricity and your water have been cut off.
There are a hundred things that you have to remember before the actual day of your short trip. Some of these details are the following:
- Do not forget to remove the plugs from their sockets to reduce the possibility of fire.
- Secure all of your personal things especially those that mean a lot to you. Some of these things may be expensive while others may have sentimental value. You still do not want anything to happen to your gadgets, right?
- Remember to pack up reading materials and snacks especially if you are going on long trips.
- Assign someone who will take care of your pets while you are gone. You may leave them with some responsible family members or at pet kennels.
- Clean out items from your refrigerator that will spoil. You may also need to remove trash from your house.
For travel security, please be mindful of the following:
- Plan your trip and identify your primary and alternate routes.
- Prepare your vehicles and inspect B.L.O.W.B.A.G.A.R. (or brake, lights, oil, water, battery, air, gas, accessories, registration). You don’t want your car to get serviced by the Best Buy Auto Bendpak auto lift of your service center in the middle of the road.
- Bring your ID cards.
- When traveling, lock vehicle doors and use seatbelts.
- Communicate regularly your status and location to person/s you trust.
Aside from these things to remember, there are still a lot more that you cannot forget. List down everything in checklist form to ensure that you will do everything you need to do before going on vacation.