Whenever we go to the supermarket, there are all kinds of both the edible and the inedible products for us to choose from. New products are being added to the already long list of products, especially food products every day. There is a great challenge for manufacturers to make their products more competitive with others. The challenge is how to make their products stand out from other similar products.
Due to current trend, more manufacturers are looking to increase the attractiveness of their products, and currently, flexible packaging seems to be one of the best solution. The flexible packaging comes in the form of stand-up pouches. These stand-up pouches are made of several layers of high quality materials to protect the food products from environmental and physical hazards that they may face during handling, transport, and storage.
Some of the advantages of using flexible packaging:
- Manufacturers are using flexible packaging printing to produce attractive designs to make their products more enticing.
- With this new printing technique or method, manufacturers can get very vivid and clear brand logo.
- With flexible packaging, manufacturers can add features such as zip locks and spouts to make packaging more convenient and usable.
- Flexible packaging can be easily customized to be tailored to the needs of manufacturers. The packages can be made into any shape and size to suit the product, brand, and other marketing needs.
- Due to the high quality materials used, stand-up pouches or bags are contaminant free and perfectly safe. The safety is even further enhanced by including addition features such as ultraviolet protection. Digital pouch printingcombines the best qualities of plastic, film, paper and aluminium foil to deliver a broad range of protective properties while employing a minimum of material.
- Flexible packages are used for consumer and institutional products and in industrial applications, to protect, market, and distribute a vast array of products.
- Flexible packages such as stand-up pouches or bags can be displayed on a peg stand or stand up on a store shelf.
- Flexible packages are reusable such as zip locks, spouts, and re-sealable seals.
- The gusseted bottom in flexible packaging expands when a product is poured into it. It is a flexible and durable package.
- Flexible packaging adds value and marketability to food and non-food products alike. It ensures food safety, extending shell life, to provide even heating, barrier protection, ease of use, re-sealable and air tight
- Flexible packaging is more environment friendly. The packaging starts with less waste in the first place, greatly reducing landfill discard.