Honeymoons are considered to be one of the most important holidays of your life. In days gone by most newlyweds were content with a bit of sun, a good beach and a nice hotel. Nowadays,couples are increasingly seeking more exotic destinations and experiences that are “once in a lifetime” which will provide lasting memories.A safari holiday with Mahlatini.com can provide all of these things and many more!
- Adventure – The thrill of seeing animals in the wild is an adventure in itself, however, there are thrills to be found in all of the sights, sounds and smells of the surrounding scenery. If game drives aren’t enough to get your pulses racing how about an afternoon canoeing alongside hippos or getting out in the open on a walking safari? Leaving the game parks behind, Africa has plenty more adventure to offer from diving with sharks in South Africa to dune surfing in Namibia, gorilla tracking in Uganda or white water rafting in Zambia.
- Romance–How can one not get lost in the romance of Africa’s sprawling wilderness areas? What could be more romantic than a balloon safari, a starlit bush dinner or a champagne toast at sunset? There are some incredibly luxurious and romantic lodges and camps from which to enjoy a safari and at the same time be pampered by spa treatments, romantic picnics and champagne bubble baths.
- Unique experience –A safari is not your average beach holiday, it is unquestioningly a rare “once in a lifetime” holiday that few of your friends will likely experience. It will most certainly ensure lasting memories.That said if you can’t quite give up on the idea of an idyllic beach holiday you can combine your safari with a stay on one of the stunning tropical islands off the African coast.
- Privacy and isolation – In stark contrast to the mass tourism in the more traditional honeymoon spots of Europe and the Caribbean most luxury safaris take place in out of the way destinations that are completely hidden, unpopulated and discreet.
- Culture – From the vibrant and colourful Masai to the beaming children waving as you pass through their villages there is an abundance of opportunities to experience the African culture and every interaction you will have with the people will bestow lasting memories for you to treasure.