You cannot go wrong with toys if your recipients are mostly young kids. Toys remain the most popular Christmas gifts, however, there are several things to consider when buying toys for children. It isn’t just the color or physical make up of toys or design of iphone 3g cases, but make sure toys are age proper or suitable for the kids’ physical and social development.
Characteristics of a good toy:
1. It should suit the childâ€™s physical capabilities, mental and social development;
2. It should appeal to the child; and
3. It should be well constructed, durable and safe for the childâ€™s age.
Dos and Donâ€™ts in Toy Safety:
1. Check labels on the packaging and observe precautions appearing in the labels to ensure the safety of the child;
2. Ensure that the child will play with a toy suited for his age under adult supervision;
3. Dispose plastic packaging accordingly. Keep it out of reach of children;
4. For children under age three (3), do not buy the following toys:
â€¢ balls with a diameter of 1.75 inches or less so as to prevent choking;
â€¢ that easily breaks into small parts or pieces (glass or brittle plastics);
â€¢ containing small detachable parts or pieces which could become lodged in the throat;
â€¢ with sharp points and edges;
â€¢ with electrical parts, unless supervised by an adult;
â€¢ with parts that could pinch or entrap fingers, toes or hair;
â€¢ with parts put together by straight pins, sharp wires or nails that are exposed and easily detached.
Note: Safety information issued by the Bureau of Health Devices and Technology (BHDT)-Department of Health.
Image courtesy of Sicha Pongjivanich at FreeDigitalPhotos.net