Listening to music plays a big part in kids growing up. Music may hone or affect the personality of older kids. It’s important to them because they can express their own feelings through music. It helps them to be creative, energetic, and imaginative. Kids who play musical instruments can do their normal task while playing les paul standard (for those who can afford to buy it). Kids in this generation like to express themselves and their emotions through music so it makes a big part of their lives.
Guest post by Khalil Torrecampo
There are a lot of parents especially first time parents who are not aware of the different things that they can do in order to take good care of their kids. There are even some parents who would prevent their children from playing because they feel that this will not do anything good for their children.
Remember that children would like to have time with their parents. Moms usually take care of their children despite their busy schedule so children can feel that they are loved but dads would usually have to go out of their way in order to have playtime with their children. Whenever parents take time to actually schedule something that they can do with the kids, children feel special and this can help a lot in their development.
Whenever dads play with their children, it is important to take note to let the child lead the way. It will be important for dads to understand that they have to immerse themselves in their children’s world. This is also highly important to develop father and son relationship or father and daughter relationship.
Some Benefits of Playtime
- Children grow mentally, socially, physically and emotionally. Having playtime will let dads know more about their children’s personality. Those who have more than one child will begin to understand that each child is different.
- Children are able to channel their energy in better ways. Most of the time, children are full of energy and are hyper. When dads are able to play with their children, they will be depleting their energy in a healthy sort of way.
- Playtime can help unleash children’s creativity and skills. Aside from letting parents know what their children’s skills are, constant playtime will help enhance the skills to make things better.
Here are just some of the things that playtime can give. Dads and moms should always invest in these because children grow up fast.
Image courtesy of photostock at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
You cannot go wrong with toys if your recipients are mostly young kids. Toys remain the most popular Christmas gifts, however, there are several things to consider when buying toys for children. It isn’t just the color or physical make up of toys or design of iphone 3g cases, but make sure toys are age proper or suitable for the kids’ physical and social development.
Characteristics of a good toy:
1. It should suit the child’s physical capabilities, mental and social development;
2. It should appeal to the child; and
3. It should be well constructed, durable and safe for the child’s age.
Dos and Don’ts in Toy Safety:
1. Check labels on the packaging and observe precautions appearing in the labels to ensure the safety of the child;
2. Ensure that the child will play with a toy suited for his age under adult supervision;
3. Dispose plastic packaging accordingly. Keep it out of reach of children;
4. For children under age three (3), do not buy the following toys:
• balls with a diameter of 1.75 inches or less so as to prevent choking;
• that easily breaks into small parts or pieces (glass or brittle plastics);
• containing small detachable parts or pieces which could become lodged in the throat;
• with sharp points and edges;
• with electrical parts, unless supervised by an adult;
• with parts that could pinch or entrap fingers, toes or hair;
• with parts put together by straight pins, sharp wires or nails that are exposed and easily detached.
Note: Safety information issued by the Bureau of Health Devices and Technology (BHDT)-Department of Health.
Image courtesy of Sicha Pongjivanich at FreeDigitalPhotos.net